In breaking news, the Agriculture Minister, David Littleproud MP has advised that Veterinarians are:
“Classified as Essential Services and will be able to continue working under shutdowns currently in operation in Australia.”
In a submission sent to government on Sunday, the Australian Veterinary Association advised that:
“Shutting down veterinary services would impact not only animal health, welfare, and biosecurity, but also to human health and mental well being, food safety, and food supply chain integrity and continuity”.
This is great news – we will continue to remain open and service our wonderful clients and their pets.
Please remember our new Covid-19 consulting practices:
* Please ring to make an appointment or order medication/food
* Ring from the carpark or knock on the door if you don’t have a phone
* Wait for a staff member to assist you
* Be prepared to answer some questions regarding your health
* Hand over your pet for consultation
* Be available by phone or video to discuss history, diagnostics, treatment and ongoing plans
* Please try to pay by contact-less methods
Thank you to all the support we have received so far – our clients have been amazing. Stay safe out there. xx